Local accreditation for paramedics includes initial accreditation to practice as a paramedic in Alameda County shall be granted upon successful completion of the following:
- Provide a copy of a valid California Paramedic License.
- Attend the Alameda County EMS system orientation (offered monthly), arranged through your provider agency.
- Provide documentation of training and competency in the local optional and expanded scope of practice.
- Complete an accreditation application.
- Pay the accreditation fee – $100.00 by money order, cashier’s check, online payment, or department PO only.
- Provide proof of employment with an approved Paramedic provider agency.
- Accreditation will be granted upon successful completion of conditions above within 30 days from the date the accreditation application is received. A candidate failing to do so must reapply.
- Complete the application
- Attach a copy of the front and back of your State Paramedic License
- Attach a copy of a photo I.D.
- Enclose the $100.00 non-refundable application fee
- Sign and date the application
- Email, mail, take the complete package to Alameda County EMS, 1000 San Leandro Blvd. Suite 200, San Leandro, CA 94577
Once issued, accreditation shall be continuous as long as the following conditions are met:
- Maintain a valid California Paramedic License.
- Meet local requirements for updates in local policy, procedure, protocol and local optional scope of practice, and comply with the requirements in the system-wide Quality Improvement program (policy # 2000).
- If any of the above requirements are not met or maintained, accreditation to practice shall be withdrawn until successful completion of the requirement(s).
- A Paramedic whose accreditation has been withdrawn for more than one year shall be required to re-apply for initial accreditation.